As search engine optimization (SEO) has evolved, social media has become a larger part of the equation. Not only could social have an impact on search rankings, but it can also help drive traffic, increase engagement and build brand awareness. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of SEO and social media.
Concentrate on publishing quality content.
Google’s goal is to match search queries with the most relevant content. Site crawlers put together a holistic view of a webpage, taking into account everything from keywords to its last update. As you’re working on your strategy, consider these tactics to help with ranking:
- Create fresh, useful content with the reader in mind.
- Consider including long-tail keywords but don’t rely on them.
- Aim to produce something shareable.
Leverage audience engagement.
Publishing relevant content starts conversations, encourages sharing and could result in backlinks and mentions.
- Backlinks are the result of another reputable website linking back to your content. The more credible the source, the more trustworthy you appear to Google. While social shares don’t count as individual links, they can help improve your authority and presence — hopefully getting you more real backlinks in the process.
- Posts that mention your brand name can also increase search credibility. Engaging with followers can help increase your brand’s mentions. Remember, the clout of who shares or retweets your content could also come into play.
Take advantage of Twitter.
Search for something on Google and you’ll notice that Twitter occupies a fair amount of first-page real estate. This is due to a partnership between the brands, and it makes posting to Twitter a viable option for boosting SEO.
In the end, it’s all about producing quality content. Give your followers something they can use, discuss and share, and you could easily see your standing with Google start to improve.
Contact us to discuss how TGA can develop the right mix of traditional and digital strategies to help grow your business.
(970) 331-0592 or email@example.com